In the previous articles we already researched the salaries of ERP developers depending on different popular ERP systems in the US market. This article will break down for you another statistics — how much the Dot Net developers earn in the USA? We explored this topic and have some numbers for you.
Necessary skills of Dot Net developers
.NET developer is a programmer who uses technologies of the .NET platform. The Microsoft .NET Framework consists of a large number of development tools and technologies that developers can use to create various types of applications, from common desktop applications and websites to solutions for mobile platforms and computer games. It was created as a reaction to Microsoft’s quick growth of the Java platform and that’s why many concepts of those two platforms are similar.
The Microsoft .NET Framework is based on the C# programming language and is becoming very competitive in the emerging markets. If you decide to get the position of a .NET developer in a growing organisation with great perspectives, you are required to possess some of the following technical skills:
- libraries and frameworks, like ASP.NET, MVC, or Entity Framework;
- Visual Studio (IDE from Microsoft);
- ASP.NET (and models like ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API);
- Entity Framework (an open-source object-relational mapping framework supported by Microsoft);
- Roslyn (.NET compiler platform);
- Xamarin (platform of .NET developer tools and libraries);
- understanding of databases and knowledge of SQL;
Overview of Dot Net developers salaries in US market
The average .NET developer salary in the US market has been rising, but depending on where you do business.
Among the states where .NET developers get paid the most for their services is California. The average .NET developer there can pull down $100,682 per year. At the other end of the statistics are states like Pennsylvania, Indianapolis and Indiana where the average .NET developer salary is around $60,000 and sometimes even lower.
According to PayScale, the average .NET developer salary in the US is $67,314 and:
- senior .NET developer — $94,602;
- junior .NET developer — $55,369
While working with Fiduciasoft, these figures for the senior .NET developers are 30% lower. At the same time, the client doesn’t need to pay for developers’ vacations, sick leave, workplace and HR recruitment process, and most importantly for taxes. In the result, the client can get it all for 30% cheaper.
CITIES WITH THE HIGHEST AND LOWEST .NET DEVELOPER PAY
According to PayScale.com, the average .NET developer in New York City can get $72,496 per year. Here’s we highlighted the top five US cities with the highest average .NET developer salaries:
- Seattle, WA — $85,440
- Phoenix, AZ — $79,337
- Denver, CO — $74, 234
- Los Angeles, CA — $73,344
- Dallas, TX — $72, 860
Benefits of remote Dot Net developers
Many businesses are getting to understand the advantages of working with remote teams of developers. It may be beneficial to work with outsourcing/outstaff companies with experienced developers, including .NET developers.
What is the advantage of a remote team of .NET developers?
- You don’t need to spend time looking for candidates, interviews, and processing other bureaucracy. The company can do all the necessary jobs for you and gather a team of professionals. Even if you need more developers, we will find them. We have a database of potential candidates.
- There is no need to organize places for work. If there is not enough space in the office, the search for additional premises can become a headache. But we are equipped with everything you will need: a comfortable office, required workplaces, recreation areas, etc.
- The cost of an hour of work for the remote developers is 30-50% lower than inhouse. And you can only hire developers for a specific project, which also saves the resources.
We hope this information provides you with some perspective on average salaries for .NET developers and helps you hire the experts you need.